How Is The GMAT Scored?
Test takers will receive the following 4 test scores:
Obviously, the higher your score the better your chances of
gaining admission to the school of your choice. It is important
to note that there is no designated passing or failing score.
Each school is free to decide what score will satisfy its
- An overall GMAT score which is reported on a scale of 200 -
- A verbal score (based on your performance on the critical
thinking, reading comprehension and sentence correction
questions) reported on a scale of 0 - 60.
- A quantitative score (based on your performance on the
problem solving and data sufficiency questions) reported on a
scale of 0 - 60.
- An Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) score based on two
written essays (the analysis of an issue and the analysis of an
argument) which are reported on a scale of 0 - 6.
Copyright © John Richardson 1998, all rights reserved.
(416) 410-PREP email@example.com www.prep.com